Recommended Textbooks (IF AVAILABLE):
2011 National Electric Code (NEC), 2012 UL White Book, 2012 International Fire Code (IFC), 2012 International Building Code (IBC), 2012 International Residential Code (IRC) and the 2012 International Green Construction Code (IGCC)
I. Course Description
Covering the requirements of the 2011 National Electrical Code as well as the requirements of the 2012 ICC Code for installing Photovoltaic Systems.
2. Listing Requirements
3. Ground Fault Protection
4. Circuit Requirements
5. Overcurrent Protection
6. Disconnecting Means
7. Wiring Methods
- Grounding & Bonding
- Utility-Interactive Inverters
- Fire Classification of Modules
- Access & Pathways
- Smoke Ventilation
II. Course Competencies
At the completion of this class, students should have the ability to recognize the installation and code requirements of the above listed electrical systems.
III. Goals and Objectives
- A better understanding of Article 690 of the 2011 NEC.
- A better understanding of the 2012 ICC Code requirements for PV Systems.
- A better understanding of how to use the NEC, IFC, IBC, IRC, IGCC, IECC and UL White Book to locate code requirements.
IV. Disclaimer Statement
“Course content may vary from this outline to meet the needs of this particular group”