MAP-IT Program Summary
In the interest of serving Louisiana municipalities and recognizing the importance of technology in improving efficiency and communication, the Louisiana Municipal Association (LMA) is pleased to offer computers and technical assistance to its members who have no, or at best, limited technological assets.
The MAP-IT program will be limited to annually appropriated funds and administered on a first come – first service basis and/or by level of need,with the primary focus of using the majority of the funding resources to provide immediate assistance to small-size municipalities. With the generous financial support of the LMA Board, these information technology resources may be provided at no or limited cost to municipalities.
The stated goals of this program provide for every municipality with a need for computer technology assistance to receive a level of support from the LMA. However, to meet the near-term goals, the first level of assistance should address the immediate need of those municipalities who current have no, or severely limited computer and Internet capabilities.
1. Municipalities with no or outdated computers may receive:
- One desktop computer and necessary related equipment such as mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers, etc;
- One printer;
- Microsoft Office Home and Business
- Installation by the LMA IT Director and/or staff
2. Municipalities who have previously received a CiTAP program computer may receive:
- A replacement computer after either:
- 5 years from the date of receipt of the original CiTAP computer or:
- As recommended by the LMA IT Director and approved by the LMA Vice President.
- Installation of the replacement computer by the LMA IT Director and/or staff
3. Other products a municipality may receive:
- Security software
- Municipal website assistance, up to $2500, for products and services performed by the LMA IT staff and/or LMA’s contract website vendor.No payment will be made directly to any municipality.
- Other products or services as recommended by the LMA IT Director and approved by the LMA Vice President